With its deeply splayed legs producing dramatic cantilevers, the Astrid Bedroom is an engineering feat that defies expectations and inspires a sense of possibility. A true platform bed, Astrid may be ordered with or without the headboard panels. The Astrid Bedroom is crafted in solid maple hardwood and Made to Order in six finishes* with a variety of knob or pull options.
*Natural variations in solid wood and hand-applied finishes make each piece unique. Slight grain and finish irregularities as well as subtle differences in stain shades are signs that the furniture has been crafted from solid wood and are considered hallmarks of quality.
A true platform bed, Astrid may be ordered without or with 1 or 2 headboard panels. Recommended mattress thickness is 8″ – 12″.
The Astrid Bedroom is crafted in solid cherry hardwood and Made to Order in several finishes. The Astrid Bedroom is also crafted in a combination of solid walnut and dark chocolate maple or solid maple with several finish options. The finish is GREENGUARD Certified for low chemical emissions.
Skilled craftspeople attend to each piece of Copeland furniture, ensuring that the joinery is solid, surfaces are sanded smooth, and the finish is exquisite.
Perfect dovetail cuts, edge shapes, hole drills and other intricate processes are executed with computer numerically controlled (CNC) machining centers. Copeland craftspeople combine this state-of-the-art technology with traditional woodworking techniques to turn out the highest quality joinery, case construction, and finishing. Your Copeland furniture will be enjoyed for generations.
- Asymmetrical English dovetails – the traditional gold standard in joinery – are used in drawer construction.
- Drawer bottoms are “jet welded” firmly in place adding to overall rigidity while minimizing vibration and rattling. Drawer box interiors are sanded smooth and fully finished. Glides are adjustable to keep proper alignment and guarantee proper function in any climate. Pivot stops prevent drawers from being pulled out of the case
- Self-locking dovetail joints are used from cross rails, keeping them from separating from side panels and adding to strength.
- Solid hardwood interior corner blocks stabilize bed, case, table and chair legs.
- Bed side rails are joined to the headboard and footboard with a rigid inserted bolt.
- Case backs are made of selected veneer panels are
Copeland Furniture continues to manufacture 100% in the United States. The challenges of domestic manufacturing require that we embrace state-of-the-art manufacturing whenever possible. This has helped us remain competitive and results in a superior product.